Smoking STORY


"I started smoking when I was 13..."
I started smoking when I was 13 or 14 years old from the pressure and desire to be "cool". I seriously became addicted to nicotine at 18 years old and was a pack a day smoker for 17 years. I never considered quitting even though my mother died from cancer and I knew the negative health effects from smoking. The addiction was that strong.
When I became pregnant everything changed. Once I found out all of the dangers to my child while pregnant I knew I had to quit. I have been smoke free for 60 days and will NOT start back even after I have the baby.
There are numerous benefits to being smoke free. Saving money, not feeling guilt or shame, taking pride in my accomplishment and knowing that my health improves every day are just some of the positives. By far the biggest benefit to quitting is knowing that I am helping my baby live a healthier life!
Suzy


Post a Comment

0 Comments