Student of Gilgit Baltisatan Raess Kamran Ahmad






I am Raess Kamran Ahmad and my journey from a small and underprivileged valley of Yaseen to LUMS is journey from nothing to something. I got my early education from D.J.M.S Sultanabad like my other peers. When I was in 7th grade I felt a need and an urge to get admission in AKHSS so that I can be prepared to face challenges in life. I worked day and night to get into my dream institute. By the Grace of Allah, I was able to qualify for both AKHSS Gilgit and AKHSS Gahkuch and also stood among top 5 students in the later one. I choose AKHSS Gilgit because of its unique and challenging environment, better faculty and facilities and I also felt that alumni from this institute are more successful globally. My parents especially my father fully supported my decision and in April, 2010 I formally got enrolled in AKHSS Gilgit. It was a whole new experience for me being switching from a small local school to AKHSS Gilgit with its own interesting medley of people. It was a competitive environment and I felt like a small speck in such a diverse community. Due to constant support and encouragement from my father, I was able to adjust to this new environment and was able to meet the challenges upfront. I kept my all attentions towards my studies and in the same year I was able to Allhamdulliah secure second position in final exams. It greatly boosted my moral and self-confidence. In SSC-I I got good grades and again it was again due to my father’s counseling. 12047104_1703344486569249_3018940060930227789_n
In April 2013 when I was about to appear in SSC-II, I was faced with sudden death of my father. It came like a great shock to me. And having lost my father I lost my all reason and wasn’t able to comprehend what just happened to me. The world just stood still for me and I plunged deeper and deeper into remorse and grief. I was significantly evolving when i had my beloved father but after his death I wasn’t sure what to do. My inspiration and the love care of my dad were gone. Seeing this my brother- in-law urged me to take exams and ace through it because It was my father’s wish. Now it was my responsibility to keep My father’s legacy alive in me and take the responsibility of everything my father left behind. He was such a great father who left enough after his death that up till now we haven’t had major financial crises.
I greatly missed my father’s guidance when I had to make a decision whether to opt for medical or engineering after my SSC II. Eventually I ended up choosing pre engineering. My mind was already made up that if it were to be Pakistan than it has to be LUMS. . So without any formal preparation of SAT I appeared in LUMS test. To be on safe side I also applied for NUST and GIKI . I also sent my admission to two US institutions though I knew I can’t go for them. I did so in order to understand the admission procedure of US universities. I was offered admission in Florida Institute of Technology for the major of Mechanical Engineering and to HULT International Business School, San Francisco, USA for BBA though BBA had never been my option. Afterwards I got admission in LUMS, NUST and GIKI.I already knew my answer. So I went for LUMS where I was also offered NOP scholarship.
I am currently studying In LUMS and I am always looking for new opportunities that could help me achieve more. I reckon my achievements are only small contribution to my community but I aspire to do much more and be a significant member of society someday.

Post a Comment

0 Comments